March 30th we’ll see Frankie Cosmos drop ‘Vessel’, the new anticipated LP from the upstate New York indie-pop band. They are a treat, no matter the angle one looks at. ‘Jesse’ and the accompanying music video, heightens our interest and widens our anticipation, even more.
We’d called Greta’s vocals in our November review, as: ‘understated dynamo – hidden within the seemingly monotone jungle. It makes the songs, what they are’.
We also called their song ‘Outside With The Cuties’: ‘a sit down, alone with the cup of tea – exalting in the demure ecstasy for life, love, tragedy – the perfect partner”.
We can continue the trend by calling ‘Jesse’: a bit more ‘mature’ narrative, which offers up Greta’s sensibilities on a larger platter of goodness.
A way of increasing that discussion one wants to have, with the significant other.
A way of breaking one’s silence, even if it’s only in his/her mind.
A way of body-slamming that weight on your shoulders, with the other 10 pound weights on your mind.
What can you do.
GET IN THAT TUB!
You can do it.
The song is simple and direct, as Frankie Cosmos has always been.
And we dig it like we dig, McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.
20 piece, please!
Frankie Cosmos’ outputs DO ‘connect’ with one’s soul. It’s a battle between the good and the nonchalant.
No better way than that.
They’re rep’ed by Sub Pop Records, out of Seattle.
Their 2018 tour starts in April, from Boulder CO. Whoa!
- Apr. 05 – Boulder, CO – Fox Theater *
- Apr. 06 – Colorado Springs, CO – Black Sheep *
- Apr. 07 – Santa Fe, NM – Meow Wolf *
- Apr. 09 – Phoenix, AZ – Crescent Ballroom *
- Apr. 10 – San Diego, CA – Quartyard %
- Apr. 11 – Los Angeles, CA – Regent Theatre %
- Apr. 12 – Santa Ana, CA – Constellation Room %
- Apr. 13 – Fresno, CA – Strummers %
- Apr. 14 – Berkeley, CA – UC Theatre %
- Apr. 17 – Seattle, WA – Neumos %
- Apr. 18 – Olympia, WA – Capitol Theater %
- Apr. 20 – Portland, OR – Wonder Ballroom %
* w/ Lomelda
% w/ Ian Sweet & SOAR