New London band Goat Girl (Clottie Cream, Rosy Bones, Naima Jelly and L.E.D) announced their debut, self-titled album will be drop April 6th.
The fourpiece have also unleashed a video for killer new single and longtime live favorite “The Man”, directed by CC Wade and described by the band as “a parody on fandom and a delve into the male psyche”.
The ladies will be in the United States in March for SXSW. That would be only 1-of-2 US events they’ll attend.
“‘Goat Girl’ was produced by Dan Carey in his South London studio in the Autumn of 2017. In the group’s words: “Simply put, it’s an album that comes from growing up in London and the first-hand experience of our city’s devolution. We wanted to think of it as this place seen not necessarily just through our eyes, but someone who can’t get past the abnormalities and strange happenings that exist in our city. We think this gives the freedom lyrically and musically to explore unspoken truths and emotions that we all as humans feel.”
“It wasn’t exactly intentional to have this warped country sound, but I think that was initially what we were all drawn to and inspired by, bands that existed in a lo-fi, dissonant, scratchy context.”
Listen and buy [HERE]
They’re rep’ed by Rough Trade.
- March 12-18th Austin @ SXSW
- March 20th Brooklyn, NY @ Union Pool
- March 31st Manchester, UK @ Deaf Institute
- April 1st Cardiff, UK @ Goes Pop
- April 5th London, UK @ Banquet Records instore
- April 6th London, UK @ Rough Trade East instore
- April 8th Nottingham, UK @ Rough Trade instore
- April 8th Bristol, @ UK Rough Trade instore
- April 9th Newcastle, UK @ The Cluny
- April 10th Edinburgh, UK @ Sneaky Pete’s
- April 12th Liverpool, UK @ Magnet
- April 13th Dublin, IE @ Grand Social
- April 14th Sheffield, UK @ Picture House
- April 16th Birmingham, UK @ Hare & Hounds
- April 17th London, UK @ Garage
- April 19th Leicester, UK @ The Cookie
- April 20th Leeds, UK @ Brudenell Social Club
- April 21st Brighton, UK @ The Haunt
- May 5th Hebden Bridge, UK @ Trades Club
- August 16-19th Brecon Beacons @ Green Man Festival