On Sunday night, Stephen Paddock, aimed and fired his automatic weapon at the street and Route 91 Music Fest concert goers, perched from his 32nd floor room, at the Mandalay Bay Hotel.
The New York Times reports:
– When found by authorities, he seemed to have killed himself.
– At least 10 weapons were found in his hotel room.
– He was a resident of Mesquite, Nevada which is about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.
– According to Mesquite Police, Paddock never had a run-in with the law.
– Las Vegas authorities also said that Paddock never had a felony run-in with police.
– Police said the search of his home is underway.
– There was a companion with Paddock, but doesn’t seem to be involved in the shooting.
– Motives are not clear.
– Not clear if Paddock planned this alone, or with others.
– No announcement on whether he had ties to domestic / international terrorist groups.