Social commentary on social memes and trends, sometimes is great for art. Simple as that. Pop-art is an integral part of narrating what we are as a society, or not. But whatever kind of ‘thing’ it is deemed – it’ll be with us until us human being, disappear from the Earth. Fact. Yacht brings the ‘cool’ to such heavy and often ridiculous realm of punditry. ‘Shame’, shames us and makes us look in the mirror.
We’re just animals with very narcissistic attributes and habits. Like anything in a society, it’s one of those things that we could, should control and manage.
Sometimes we don’t, though.
Sometimes we do.
It flares up, sometimes – just like an acne attack.
Sometimes, it lives – waiting for a better time.
It’s a degree of management. Never able to be irradiated.
After all, if mores like this disappear, we won’t be human being with faults, advantages, stress, necessities, hate, love, etc.
We’re so messy, to be sure.
Well, anywho, don’t be fooled.
Yacht is punk living underneath the creative synth-pop world. It’s narrative. It’s straightforward.
Since our first review of their song ‘Strawberry Moon’ in early November, we’d fell hard for the EP, even more.
And this video makes it even harder to look away from the duo.
Dang you Yacht! =D
Ok, so, we dig them, and this video.
You should too.
FYI Claire. You are gangsta!
- 01-12 Chicago, IL – Schubas
- 01-13 Toronto, ON – The Garrison
- 01-15 Boston, MA – Great Scott
- 01-16 New York, NY – Bowery Ballroom
- 01-18 Philadelphia, PA – Johnny Brenda’s
- 01-19 Washington, DC – Rock & Roll Hotel
- 02-03 Seattle, WA – Barboza *
- 02-05 Vancouver, BC – Fox Cabaret *
- 02-06 Portland, OR – Mississippi Studios *
- 02-07 San Francisco, CA – The Independent *
- 02-09 Los Angeles, CA – Lodge Room *
- 02-10 Phoenix, AZ – Crescent Ballroom *
* with FRENCH VANILLA